Sunday, September 16, 2012

Viaje del Sol: Ugu Bigyan's Potter's Garden

This is the fourth and last stop of our Viaje del Sol trip. Ugu Bigyan is a well known Filipino potter. Ugu Bigyan's Potter's Garden is located in Tiaong, Quezon. When I called to make reservations (as this is required prior to visiting), I was told that the restaurant is closed as their town fiesta was to be held on the day of our visit. That was too bad because I had read a lot of good reviews on their food and was looking forward to eating there. The shop would still be open so we went anyway.

Going to Ugu Bigyan's Potter's Garden was a bit tricky. You pass through small crowded roads and even cross a little railroad track. These roads lead you to a pretty brick house that is Ugu Bigyan's. The restaurant garden had several huge huts that can seat plenty. It was a pretty big place. You'll also see interesting sculptures scattered all over.


The shop is open air and had pretty things like plates, mugs and chimes, all made out of clay. They also had jewelry, made by Ugu Bigyan's niece.

the shop
I love that wall
a closer look at the lovely wall
We were exhausted when we visited and did not stay very long. In fact I didn't even take my camera anymore and used my phone instead. Please bare with the photos.
potter's work station




This is another lovely place to visit. Especially if you would like to go somewhere different. I read that they offer workshops. That is something worth checking out. I will definitely go back!


Check out the rest of our Viaje del Sol trip:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a note! 8o)

Visit InfoServe for backgrounds or to create a website.
Visit InfoServe for backgrounds or to create a website.