Saturday, September 1, 2012

Viaje del Sol: Lake Pandin

I've read about lake Pandin from a family friend's blog. I have to be honest, I am not a fan of lakes. Murky waters do not appeal to me. Despite that, I was rather lured  into seeing this lake after my friend had expressed to me how beautiful it really was. And since then I've kept it as a destination option in the case that we get bored and would want to do something different one weekend.

After looking at the Viaje del Sol map. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it is one of its 19 destinations. Learning that, immediately I decided that this should be part of our itinerary.





GETTING THERE
Coming from Casa San Pablo, Pandin Lake is 15-20 minutes away. You pass through busy roads and gradually enter smaller barangay roads. It is rather tricky to get to so it's best to get directions from Casa San Pablo which offers printed directions. Either that or get directions from one of the Pandin Lake ladies when you call to reserve.

THE LAKE
Laguna has seven lakes and this is one of them. This lake is being run by 16 women who formed an organization to protect and promote it. There are only nine rafts on the lake and so it will never ever be crowded! From the parking lot you hike for 15-20 minutes. This path gets muddy. Also, be prepared to cross paths with horses as well as their dung. The hike gradually elevates. My five year old daughter marched at the very front and thought nothing of the hike. My parents on the other hand had to stop several times to catch their breath, consider yourselves somewhat warned. As we reach the top we were welcomed by the view of the rather big and tranquil lake. And right then I gave myself a pat in the back for pursuing this destination. It indeed was beautiful.

The ladies of Pandin lake are quite organized. Everything was ready when we got to our raft. They are very pleasant and quite proud of their beautiful lake. One really has to see and enjoy the peacefulness this lake brings to be able to understand what I'm talking about. My photos don't give justice to it. never the less, here they are.









even our little one is enjoying


helping
fell but still happy
DETAILS
- a raft ride to the lake costs 180php/head and that's for three hours
- you can have food prepared by them which I highly recommend.  This costs another 180php/head. Their menu consists of: ensaladang pako (fern), grillied tilapia and ginataang shrimp, bananas, rice and fresh coconut juice. The main ingredients of the menu are found on the lake. That's what I call sustainable. Everything is at its freshest!
- take note that they do not have bottled water. You may pre-order for this as well as other things you might need or want on the raft. You just have to tell them in advance. You may also request for other menu items like native chicken tinola. You may also just choose to bring your own food.
- there is a "provincial" bathroom beside the lake that uses lake water for flushing and such. Hence, if you do decide to take a dip, you will not have a chance to bathe properly. There is spring water at the end of the lake but of course you are not allowed to use soap. This is where their drinking water comes from and regards this as holy water.
- because of that nobody wanted to swim, we brought a small inflatable pool for my 5 year old to wade in (thanks to notes from my friend's blog). We filled it up with lake water. She got a good rinsing out of spring water afterwards.


Check out the rest of our Viaje del Sol trip:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a note! 8o)

Visit InfoServe for backgrounds or to create a website.
Visit InfoServe for backgrounds or to create a website.